This week has been a study of both.
I have the deal from hell going on right now. Anything that could go wrong has. To protect the anonymity of my clients (and my career), I'd never say any specifics- BUT what I never understand is why people don't take personal responsibility for their financial decisions. People, buying a house is the biggest investment you will make- make informed decisions! Interview real estate agents, make sure you like the one you work with. (Though, please don't string several along. We only get paid on commission, if you remember.) Then, when your real estate agent gives you 3-5 business cards for a mortgage lender, do the same thing. Know what your options are. Find the one that can do what you need. Sure, I'll tell you who I've liked working with in the past, but don't take only my word on it- talk to several. Make your own decisions!!! And if it doesn't work out... Remember that you made the decision. I am a real estate agent... not a miracle worker. So please don't turn it into my fault that didn't pay that credit card bill 6 years ago or that the house you want will not go FHA. I only give advice. Whether you take it or not is up to you. You are in charge of your financial decisions!
Ok, now that that's out of my system, I feel better. Thanks.
The excitement is that in about 12 hours I'll be on my way to New York City for the weekend! I can't wait! The DH has an award's banquet on Thursday night. (Yeah, they give awards for the best bullshitter at the PR awards. =)) Then Friday, we plan on spending the day with our friend Doug and seeing The Light on the Piazza that night. Saturday, it will be more NY fun with Doug and his lovely wife Laura. We did a visit about 18 months ago and we've been looking forward to getting back since then. Hopefully, I'll have some good stories. I swear I'm going to see a celebrity this time, if I have to stake out Butter.
So... the really important stuff- My favorite couple was sent home on 'Beauty and the Geek'. I loved Joe and Erica- or is it Erika, I don't know. I thought she seemed smarter than she gave herself credit for and I just think Joe seems like a great guy, cooler than he gives himself credit for. The massage sequence tonight made me wince, though. It just seemed like they made it seem more awkward than it really was. We're watching, Ashton- quit editing things to make them seem worse than they really are. Oh, and did anyone notice that even though Erika (it's a k, I checked) went on and on about cutie Brad, he did not make one comment about her? Hmmm. Wonder what that means. Maybe he's a player.
Least favorite geek: Richard. Least favorite chick: Mindi or Lauren, can't decide, they both bug me. I have alot less patience for the girls that say mean thing behind the guys backs than the guys. I love geeky guys... always have.
I don't even know whether or not to comment on 'Dancing with the Stars'.... I was sorry to see Trista go, but that's all I caught was the elimination, not the dancing. (I had to pack) I'm not sure that one is going to hold my attention very long.
I read on Dan's site that he was eliminated from The Inferno, but I haven't' seen it yet. He's the only reason I ever watched it, so that will probably be the end of that one, too. I can't stand to watch Julie if I don't have Dan to balance her out.
That's all... have to get a few hours of sleep before we head to the airport!
NYC here I come... every bit of midwestern-reality addicted- celebrity obsessed- me!
I can't wait!
Wednesday, June 08, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment