New York, New York.
What an awesome weekend. I'm still catching up from it, but it was sure worth it.
A brief synopsis...
Thursday the DH had his dinner so I hung out with the friend of his co-worker, who was very cool. After, we had romantic cocktails and dessert in the hotel lounge.
Friday, we met our friends Doug and Laura and checked out the newly redone MOMA. It was an incredible day. What I love most about Art museums is the silence. People are so respectful in the presence of great art. Starry, Starry Night blew me away. And Warhol's Campbell Soup cans made me laugh- with him, I'd like to think.
Great Thai food for lunch in this little place right across from the museum and then D & L had to do real-life stuff so we headed back to the hotel to get ready for the show we had tickets to.
And what an awesome show it was. The Light in the Piazza at the Beaumont Theater at Lincoln Center. Wow. The only word to describe it. The story was heart-tugging, the singing incredible, the setting perfect. I cried thru the last half. Couldn't help it. It's a love story, but more than that, it's the story of a mother's love for her daughter- and that's what I got. I loved it.
The best meal I've ever eaten after at Triatorria Del'Arte across from Carnegie Hall. Pistachio and champagne pound cake... yum.
Friday was one of the best days of my life... just perfect.
Sat was another great day. We hung with Doug and checked out the East Village. It's great to have a friend who has the same beginning as you, but who's life is so different from yours now. It makes for fun story telling and retelling. I'm more appreciative of old friends as I get older. Thank goodness Laura is patient with us, I'm sure she's heard most of our high school stories a million times. But she loves Doug a great deal, so she puts up with us. =) And we love her for it. Besides the fact that she's soo incredibly cool. She always helps me pick out cool stuff for Wink. (And Wink loves her for that.)
Anyway, a wonderful night, soaking in our NY fix and Sunday am we were off for home.
Sigh. Good stuff.
Saturday, June 18, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment