Too bad I'm not a good enough computer guru to know how to add music notes to the title of this post. I bet Wink would know how.
So here's a list of some of my favorite things of 2005. It's not in order, nor is it probably complete. Just what I'm thinking of as I finish my first cosmo of the evening and wait for our steaks to be done!
-Liz Phair: Somebody's Miracle. My favorite album of the year. I listened to it over and over and over.
-Blessid Union of Souls: Perception. I ran across this when I was Christmas shopping. So glad the guys are back!
- Michael Tolcher. I know his cd "I Am" came out last year, but I saw him live 3 times this year and he was incredible each time. One of my favorite artists to see live.
- Grey's Anatomy. I have spent the majority of the last 5 years watching reality tv, so I was shocked when I got hooked on this show. Now I can't wait to see Meredith and George hook up!
- Project Runway. I hopped on this bandwagon late, but I can't wait to find out who will win. Even Heidi doesn't annoy me that much.
- Reunion. My favorite of the fall shows. I. am. so. sad.
-Dawson's Creek on DVD. For some odd reason, Wink and I started watching these together in November. I'm remembering all over why I loved this show. And why I can't believe Katie Holmes is in love with Tom Cruise. Ick.
- Wil Wheaton. He lost me for a while there with all of the poker stuff, but since he's been in exile, he's been writing things that remind me why I've loved reading his site since 2000 or so. And his "battle" with Annie and Shane is hilarious.
- pinkisthenewblog.com. My favorite place to get the celebrity gossip. I hope Trent gets all of the good things coming to him. He seems to really just be having fun, unlike some of the other sites out there that have become all mean and stuff (not naming names, of course.)
- Dan Renzi. I wish I knew this guy. We could be friends, I know it.
- Post Secret. The website and art exibit and book. Fascinating. Makes you think about your own secrets.
- Old friends. I guess it's because we're reaching 'a certain age' or whatever, but I've been lucky enough to be in contact with several of my friends from grade and high school. Some, I've redeveloped relationships with, others I'm just glad to know they are doing well. Either way, it's nice to be reminded of the people who have been important to me and why they are so great.
I'm sure there are more, but for now I'm going to enjoy the company of my family and ring in the new year. Because they are really my favorite part of 2005!
Happy New Year!
Saturday, December 31, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i have all of Liz Phair's Cd except the one you mentioned. read so many bad reviews
would you kindly upload and share the link with a phair fan
thanks
sam
rich_thom2001@yahoo.com
Post a Comment