You know how somedays you just feel like throwing your hands in the air and throwing a tantrum. Yep. One of those.
Deal falling apart. Too close to home. Teared up in front of clients. Sucks.
The worst part is that now I'm doubting myself. Sometimes I wonder if I should have believed my mom the first time she told me that I was not good at anything. At least then, it wouldn't hurt as much now when she does.
Oh, damn. I can't even be all self-pity-ish without feeling dumb. I don't mean that. I know I don't. I'm just feeling sorry for myself. And I don't like that about myself, so I'm beating me up more. Whatever, that didn't make sense, but you know.
So the good thing about today is that it's my wedding anniversary. 9 years married to my wonderful hubby. I'm a lucky woman. I was looking at a pic from our wedding this morning... a wonderful shot, us both laughing, heads thrown back, the judge who married us laughing, too (because the ring wouldn't go on) just one of those perfect moments that you can't believe a photographer would be able to capture, but it happened. (Nice run-on, there.) ANYWAY, looking at the photo and thinking that the best thing about my marriage is that we still have those moments regularly that we laugh out loud together. We get each other and that's the best.
So, now I'm going to try to find a solution to my work issues. I need to find a job where I won't get my oh-too-tender feelings hurt all the time. Hmmm. Possible? I doubt it, but maybe I need to find something that I like so much I don't care when my feelings get hurt.
Hmmm. Ideas? Bueller?
Oh, and I caught the end of Breakfast Club on tv tonight. That rocked. =)
Wednesday, May 31, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment