Saturday, September 09, 2006

Trying to get back in the routine of life.

It's interesting to me how in just 3 short months known as summer, all our routines are laid to waste. School has begun and we're in chaos. Well, I'm in chaos... the girls are doing just fine. I just can't seem to get everything together. Well, except spend time with my girlfriends at lunch and on the phone... I'm doing fine with that. =) So I'm sitting here on a Saturday, thinking I need to go to the grocery store, bank and Target. I always do that stuff during the week so I don't have to deal with the teeming masses. Sigh.
ANYWAY, back to routines. I'm easily distracted these days... I got out of the routine of writing because I spent way too much time on the evil that is myspace this summer. It was wonderful. Back in touch with several people that I haven't seen since high school, met some new people that I graduated with, kept in tune with my daughter- well, partially fun, at least. So anyway, since my list is a mile long and I have to go to a band thing this am, I'm at least going to get back in the routine of doing the Saturday Six. He doesn't have it up yet, so I'll do last weeks and maybe tomorrow I'll get up early enough to beat Wink to the computer for a few minutes again.

1. What was the last charity you donated something to? How long ago did you make your last donation?
We donate regularly to our animal shelter that we found our cats at. But I think I made my last donations to ABOB and Move On on the same day last week. (I had a paycheck!)
2. Describe the worst weather event/national disaster that you experienced firsthand.
The flood of 1993. It was crazy.
3. Did the experience you just described change you in any way, (or if you've never experienced such an event firsthand, do you think it would change you significantly)?
We weren't affected by it a great deal. We had water issues, of course, and it took me 2 hours each way to get to work, but we didn't lose our house or anything. I did run into Jason again because of it and that was major change. I do appreciate things like safe water and sewer usuage more than I would have otherwise. And trying to help with saving homes and businesses was life affirming. It's amazing what people can do when they pull together. More than anything it reinforced my sense of community.
4. Take the quiz: What subjects should you have studied in school?

Your Learning Style: Personal and Passionate
You are very flexible and curious about the world. Human understanding is very important to you.You Should Study:

Anthropology
Architecture
Art
Art history
Art therapy
Classics
Counseling
Foreign Languages and Literature
International Studies
Linguistics
Literature
Psychology
Sociology
Teaching
5. Did you actually study or major in any of the courses suggested by the quiz?
Not yet, but I'm going to! Funny that my two "easing back into college" classes are Art and English. I might be a teacher. Maybe...
6. What's your current screen saver? How long have you had it, and what do you like best about it? I have a slideshow of some recent photos from our last two trips and such. It's been a great summer and I'm glad to be reminded of the fun my family had- together, too.

No comments: