Life's gotten crazy. Of course. It always does when you're least expecting it.
Grandpa Great passed away on June 2, after being transfered to another hospital to do a procedure that might have gotten him ready for the surgery he needed. It was incredibly sad and a terrible relief to all of us that he will not have to suffer any more. We all miss him greatly. At 88, he had lived a very full life that included serving his country in India during WWII, building a family and avidly following the Cards since his retirement. He will always have my respect for those and other things. He and E had a special relationship that I know she will remember forever.
Grandma is doing ok for now at home. I am worried for the future though. She is stubborn and independent enough to make it work, tho.
My grandmother is back in ICU with a CDIFF infection and other issues, possibly including pneumonia. It seems as if she is exhausted with the fight and ready to go and be with my Dad. I don't blame her, but I'm hoping she'll hold on for a little while longer. We have had some interesting conversations the last few days that I would selfishly like to continue. Say some prayers for her, if you're so inclined.
On my worry plate today...
- Class reunion. Only 49 RSVP's. I'm very worried. Also, several of my closest friends are not going to be able to make it and I'm very sad.
- M100 spirit wear. Just a responsibility that I seem to not have time for. Same with...
-Gilson PTG... meeting next week. Sigh.
-Water. Flooding to be exact. It was stinky here in 93.
- Planning for my mil's visit next month. I need to do it. Instead, I'm writing this blog. Lol.
- Miss Wink. She's wearing herself thin with all she has going on... I'm proud of her accomplishments, but the kid needs to sleep! And have some fun!
- Grocery shopping. Small, but needs to happen. Poor family's been eating mac n cheese and corn dogs all week. Sigh.
- Along the same vein, laundry. Enough said.
- Sending TY notes for all the lovely flowers and plants that were sent to the funeral.
- Miss E is surely not having a very fun summer. Need to fix that...
Ok, that might be it for this moment.
And just to be a little positive:
Today, I am thankful for this fairly anonymous forum to vent in and for the incredibly, wonderfully patient man that I married who supports me and works so hard so I have the time to do the things I do.
I'm also thankful for my kids who have actually been getting along pretty well these days and not complaining about the mac n cheese and corn dogs.
=]
Thursday, June 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment