Thursday, May 29, 2008

Day 9

Quick post before I crash. Gpa is back on the ventilator in ICU, the doctors are saying that he has to have the surgery in order to survive. However, he's not strong enough to have the surgery yet. Sigh. They are trying to wean him from the vent, but things aren't going as well as hoped. The only good thing to come out of all of this is the feeling of communion with J's family. Life is so rushed that we don't always take the time to really talk to each other. There's not much else to do in an ICU waiting room. I like hearing their stories.

Today, I'm grateful for stories to share.
I'm grateful for Coral's email. Nothing like a surprise email from a newly reconnected, very dear friend to make your day.
I'm grateful for the last day of school tomorrow. Well, the kids are and I'm grateful for their joy.
I'm grateful for David's clear PET scan... he's 6 months cancer free!
I'm grateful that J's presentation is over... and he got the Death Star laugh.
I'm grateful for laughter.
=]

No comments: