Monday, April 25, 2005

I heart St Louis

So... I just reread my past post about the Eezers story that I didn't want to forget to tell, which, of course, I did.

So during our vacation-at-home we had a great time doing all the fun things that St. Louis has to offer. RaRa was here from Alaska and we had fun and fun. On Friday, J's first day off work, we picked up Wink early from school and headed downtown. We had lunch at Max & Erma's (excellent burgers- try the onion rings and tortilla soup, too) and decided we had enough nourishment to attempt The City Museum. (www.citymuseum.org)

Oh My Goodness, it was so much fun. This place is incredible. Just the decor is enough to keep you busy for hours and that's not even the main event. There are tunnels and pathways and lots of places to explore. There is a circus section, an art section, an archetectural museum, a World Aquarium section and this great outdoor section called MonstroCity. Oh, and slides, lots of slides.

MonstroCity has all of this great recycled stuff: a firetruck, 2 airplanes, a parachute, lots of walkways and metal turned into tunnels. At the very top, 5 stories up is the entrance to the slide... which is of course what Eezers wanted to do first.

Now, I don't do heights. Not well, at least. So I'm down a about the 2 story height, checking things out, and I look up to see Eezers in the wire tunnel between the plane and the enterance to the slide- 5 stories up! Pink skirt flapping in the wind. Holding on to the sides, calmly walking thru it like it was no big deal. J was behind her at the entrance to the tunnel, but he didn't want to put to much pressure on the tunnel at one time since it was made out of wire!
I was so scared for her, but impressed by her bravery. She didn't even think to be afraid of it.
When she came down the slide, I asked if she was scared at all and she said, "Nope. It was fun and fun."

I want to be like her.

The video is hilarious, RaRa and I both going on and on about how they need to get down and then Wink comes up and she's doing the same thing.
Wimpies- all of us.

That night we had a room downtown, so we swam and then had a good dinner at The Spaghetti Factory on Laclede's Landing. Then we crashed. I haven't slept that well in months.

The next day we went to the zoo. How lucky are we to have such a great place to go... and it's FREE. I've been to quite a few zoos around the country, most of which charge admission, and none of them have been as good as the St Louis Zoo. And... they sell beer now, too!

Which is not the draw, of course. So we drug our tired butts around the zoo for a few hours and then went home and had carry out for dinner. Johnson's Corner chicken- good stuff.

Then on Sunday, we went back to Forest Park for brunch at Puck's at The Art Museum. Yum! We love the chocolate chip waffles. Another fab free attraction in Forest Park.

We thought about The Missouri Botanical Gardens or The Butterfly House for Monday, but decided we'd save some of that for RaRa's visit in October. I think we were still tired from The City Museum.

Anyway, lots of fun and fun and I didn't want to forget it.

No comments: