Sunday, May 01, 2005

Back from the Land of Computerlessness

So, somehow, some horrible way, I contracted a virus last week. A frickin virus. (And as Wink will tell you, I don't like that word.) And I'm careful. I don't open attachments, I update my virus protection regularly. I practice safe e-contact. Sigh.
I don't know how people who know little about computers (like me) ever get anything fixed. You have to go here and delete that and delete this and it still doesn't work! For about 24 hours, I tried to pretend that I was actually going to be able to fix it myself. I really worked hard on it- and nothing. So I asked (begged) the dear hubby to help. Now, he knows what he's doing- he's a virtual computer guru- and it still took him almost 24 hours. Thank goodness for my dear hubby. I appreciate all he does, but I really love that he can fix my computer. =) So, to all of the idiots that write viruses: I know you are bored with your pitiful, pathetic existences, but CUT IT OUT! Can't we just all get along?

So in honor of my return, here are a few of my favorite places on the internet. These are the ones I missed while I was gone.

Wil Wheaton ( http://www.wilwheaton.net/ ) The first blog I ever read and still the best.

Dan Renzi (http://danrenzi.typepad.com/stuff/) Former Real World-er, great writer, funny guy.

Pink is the New Blog (http://trent.blogspot.com/) The best place for celebrity gossip.

PostSecret (http://postsecret.blogspot.com/) I just found this...

Reality Blurred (http://www.realityblurred.com/) Reality tv news and thoughts

TVGasm (http://www.tvgasm.com/) More great tv stuff.



There are several more that I read all the time, but these are my favorites.

Speaking of trips, I'm headed to Chicago on Tuesday! Just for a day, but I love Chicago. Some friends and I are going to see a taping of Oprah on Wednesday! (Thanks to my friend Chris!) We're going to road trip it and hopefully have dinner at my friend Marc's resteraunt on Tues night. Then we'll go to the taping Wed am and do a whirlwind lunch and shopping tour and head back. Should be fun and fun! I'm so excited, I've been wanting to see an Oprah taping for years.

Also, we just found out that the DH has to head to NYC for an awards dinner in June. (I'm proud.)So, hopefully, we'll be making a long weekend of it! I heart NY.

Have a great Sunday!

No comments: