Saturday, July 23, 2005

George Bush proves me right.

When Sandra Day O'Conner stepped down from the Supreme Court, I had a discussion with a friend about W's choices. Though we're on different ends of the political spectrum, we agreed that this was his legacy. He had the chance to make a difference with his nominee and should nominate a woman or a person of Hispanic origin. I thought that he would probably, because of Roe v. Wade, would nominate a man, but would nominate the first Hispanic to the Supreme Court. On an aside, I dropped, "Only if he wants to prove that he has the "power" will he nominate a white male. Which he'll probably do."
She took offense, going off on how he had more women and minorities on his cabinet... yada, yada, yada.
I WAS RIGHT!
What a slap in the face to all of us moderate Americans. Now, I am definately liberal-leaning, but am committed to figuring out how to elect officials that will, above all, work together to help our country grow and be safe. Whether they be the Dem or Rep side, if they make sense, I'll support them. I believe that most Americans want Congress to quit wasting the taxpayers time fighting with each other and get back to work doing what we pay them to do. It's like they're on the playground and can't play well together in D.C. these days.
Which is very frustrating to me.
So, W is proving to me that he's not interested in the Americans like me... only in people like him.
And don't even get me started about Rove.

No comments: