Ok... so I forgot to post. For weeks. I have an excuse, really.
Wait, no one else reads this, so I don't have to make excuses! Yeah!
Anyway, we have the end of the school year crazies. Band concerts, chorus concerts, Honors Banquet, field trips, dance recitals, PTA mtgs, etc. I'm ready for next Thursday when all I'll have to do is put up with both kids 24 hours a day... oh wait, did I mean that?
So... Reality TV has also been keeping me busy.
American Idol... Bo's my man. I didn't like him much at first- actually, I'm still not sure I love him- but I hated Carrie from the very beginning. I loved Nikko and when he was voted off the 2nd time, I lost interest. I was rooting for Vonzell, but my favorite never wins. Not Justin, not Kimberly, not JPL. I guess it doesn't matter... hey, maybe I should root for Carrie. A little reverse psychology.
I'm ashamed to admit it, but I actually watched the Bachelor finale. I stayed true to my vow and didn't watch any others, but, ok, it was LIVE, people. I was waiting for the train wreck to happen. That said, I was fairly impressed with how Charlie handled everything. And Krisily... I loved her! I think she was everything I'd want to be in that situation.
Anyway, Charlie and Sarah B... 6 months is my prediction- or whenever he gets tired of not having any balls.
(Oops, did I write that? Hope my 13 yr old doesn't read this.)
America's Next Top Model was good this time. Not as good as last cycle with Eva the Diva, who I like even better now due to the "My Life As A Cover Girl" propaganda, but good. I so wanted Kahlen to win, but I agree that Naima had an edge that got notice. I think the reason Kahlen lost was her answer to the "Why should we pick you?" question. C'mon girls, they want you to say because I'm the bomb, because I will rule the industry. Not the I think I'm so ugly stuff. Blech. Noone believes that you think you're ugly. NOONE. Not even 'buy every sob-story' me.
I missed the Survivor finale! I can't believe it. That's the first time ever. I have to admit, once Ulong... or was it Koror? ... started the losing EVERY damn thing, it was kind of depressing for me. I thought, at the beginning, that this was going to be one of the best Survivors ever, but it just wasn't at Australia level for me. Of course, it might just be a victim of all of those Thursday night concerts and banquets. But I am glad that, for once, someone who seemed to deserve it won... I would have screamed if Katie would have won. I mean, Amber? Jenna? Sandra? Vecepia? Please.
So, on a final note, we saw Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith today. DH was super excited. We're all sci-fi geeks. Weird. Wink had seen it on Friday with friends so all weekend I had to do the "la la la, I don't want to know" thing with her, but she went with us today, too. I can't believe I'm saying this, but-
IT WAS AWESOME!
Now, I have a few issues with it, but as far as entertainment value, I loved it. I cried thru most of it. Wink made fun of me, but I was invested in those characters- bad emoting and all.
Poor Padme.
Sigh.
Happy Sunday.
Sunday, May 22, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment