Totally forgot to post about the incredible concert that Dawn and I went to on Tuesday night.
I have to clarify that I'm not often out partying on weeknights. This was a special occasion that I'm still paying for, but totally worth it.
Carbon Leaf and Michael Tolcher were at Blueberry Hill ( www.blueberryhill.com) in University City. They have this smallish room in the basement that has great accoustics. I had never seen a show there, so we weren't sure of what to expect, but we had the best time.
We were running later than we had expected, but still managed to get a spot leaning against one of the bars lining the side wall. Right next to the equipment. Stay with me, this will be important later. A dude with a mohawk and a guitar started us off. Sorry, didn't catch his name. He was ok... trying a little to hard to catch and keep the audiences attention. But not bad.
Next was Carbon Leaf (www.carbonleaf.com), who I had not heard of before. I guarantee that I know more about them now. They had a big following there. And they were awesome. Great set and NICE... nice, nice, nice afterwards. All of them were friendly and I'm not a 21 yr old in a low cut top, you know. Dawn talked to them about playing our Expo in the fall. That would be cool.
So as Dawn is talking to the lead singer from CL, Michael Tolcher (www.michaeltolcher.com) walks by. I had seen him earlier at the bar talking to a chicky, but I'm not usually one to talk to famous or semi-famous people when I see them. I'm dorky about that stuff. We had been talking to the couple standing next to us (Hi, Kendall and Nick!) who just so happened to be from the same town we are. So, Nick grabbed his sleeve and said, "She wants to say hi." about Kendall. Michael turned and smiled and said "Hi, I'm Michael." They talked for a moment and then he turned to me and said, "I'm Michael." and I froze. "I'm Amy and I love your music." was all I got out. He was cool and said that he hoped we enjoyed the show. Kendall and I were jumping up and down like middle schoolers. It was so funny. Dawn was bumming when she got back.
I have to say, though, that he looked really tired. (I'm a mom.) Get some sleep, Michael! But the show was great! He just rocked.
Alas, it was over at 1... and I was up 4 hours past my bedtime. But it was worth it!
Sure can't party like I used to.
Thursday, May 26, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment