Oh my goodness! What a trip!
Oprah is my hero... she is just so cool.
Now, I went into this with no expectations... or little, at least. I had heard some stories. But it was AWESOME!
My friend, Christine, and I left home around 3 on Tuesday to do the 4-5 hour trip to Chicago. Not far enough to drive... just about perfect for a road trip. We had a nice time on the way up and got there a little after 7. Checked into our 4 star hotel that I got for a great rate on priceline.com and went down to Navy Pier for dinner. My friend Marc is a manager at the Be-Bop down there and I was hoping to see him. Now, of course I was not organized enough to call in advance and let him know that I'd be there. So, of course, we missed him... by 30 minutes. And the resteraunt was closed for a private party, so we ate at Bubba Gumps. I'm not a seafood fan, but the food was good, the service was excellent and the atmosphere was fun. Try the margaritas. Yum. And then we crashed. At 10.
Up the next day at 5... ugh. I am so not a morning person. Tried to make ourselves lovely for tv. Hopped in a cab and headed to Harpo Studios. We met her friends, Brooke and Crystal, there at the studios. Waited an hour or so and then headed in. For more waiting.
We met some nice people in line from Virginia and more nice people waiting. Actually, I was surprised at how friendly and talkative everyone was. It was cool. I love meeting new people.
You have no idea in advance what the show is, but some people had been called because they were fans of certain people. Some of those people were doing more detective work than Matlock!
So we're called in to take our seats and a producer grabs us and seats us in the third row on the side! We were so close! Must be the bright colors we were all wearing. Everyone is seated and the show producer comes in and is hyping everything. She had on great Chanel mary-janes that I loved.
Out comes Oprah, and let me tell you, she is tiny! And she had on great shoes, too. Probably 800 dollar great shoes, but they were beautiful. I was coveting those shoes.
The show starts and we're all clapping and yelling and it was such an adrenaline rush. I should have been in show-biz, I loved it.
It was a "wildest dream" show and it was sad and fun and amazing all in one.
It airs tomorrow and I'll write more then... look for me on the right side of the stage in the coral jacket!
Saturday, May 07, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment