Friday, May 16, 2008

Experiment day 1

Rough couple of weeks in our family. Today I'm home with Miss Eezers, sick with a tummy ache. She's curled up on the couch watching the same episode of Zoey 101 over and over and I'm catching up on my Internet browsing. Completely blowing off the list of things I need to accomplish. I love mornings like that.
So I checked in on this blog that I like to read occasionally. [Backstory: I am a constant lurker. I love to read blogs, read the comments, but I rarely post anything. ] So I love Wil Wheaton http://wilwheaton.typepad.com/ , have read his blog since the DH first sent me the link years ago. Thru him, I started reading Shane http://hollywoodlog.typepad.com/nickerblog/ and Annie http://jesusfavorite.typepad.com/jesus_favorite/. (No, I don't know how to do that link thing... so computer illiterate.) Annie is running an experiment to see if she can become more positive by posting what she's grateful for for 30 days. I like the idea, I need to be more positive with the things that are going on. Even tho they are on day 21, I'm going to start today. =]

The DH's grandfather has been in ICU for a 9 days, my Grams went in the hospital a week ago. It's been touch and go, but both are on the upswing. The good news is that it's the same hospital. Lol.

So, today I'm grateful for their health and for having the time to be useful to my family who has always been so great to me.
I'm grateful for music... specifically, the incredible version of "Rhapsody In Blue" that Adam Rodgers played at the spring orchestra concert last night. I'm always so inspired by the talent that those high school students have.
I'm grateful for the fact that a snuggle with Mom is still enough to make Eezers feel better when she has a tummy ache.
I'm grateful that Wink would rather sing karaoke at the church with her friends than run around and get in trouble tonight.
I'm grateful for the showing I have today at 2:30. First one in a month. Yay!
I'm grateful for my friends who keep calling to ask how Grandpa Great and Grams are.
I'm grateful for my hubby, who always apologizes when he thinks he's hurt my feelings.
Today, I'm also grateful for sunshine, after 10 days of rain.

=]

No comments: